Prep & Maintain
The secret to achieving a flawless spray tan glow has everything to do with preparing the skin before a session and maintaining the tan after the session. To ensure your tan is perfect and even, please follow this simple guide:
- Exfoliate your skin before the session. The fresh skin cells will form a smooth base that your spray tan will stick to. The fresher the skin cells, the longer the life of the tan. A good scrub and an exfoliating mitt will allow the elimination of all the dead skin cells and impurities on the body. Pay attention to rough areas like the top of the feet, heels, ankles, elbows, knees, knuckles, etc.
- Shave, wax and exfoliate the skin at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. It's important to allow the amino acids to reconstruct as DHA needs amino acids to develop. Also, the pores need time to close before applying the solution.
Otherwise, the bronzer can get soaked into the pores
- Do not wear any existing self-tanner or residue from a former sprav tan on the skin.
- Do not use lotions, oil-based exfoliating products, gels or waxing/shaving creams on the day of the appointment. These can leave a film and change the pH of the skin.
- If you really need to take a shower before the appointment, take it 3 hours prior to the session and rinse only with warm water. The steam can open the pores.
- Manicures, pedicures, facials and massages should be done days before the appointment.
- If the skin is sweaty, make sure to dry it prior to the application
- Do not wear makeup, cream, sunscreen, perfume or deodorant.
- The application can be done with or without undergarments or a bathing suit.
- Wearing loose and dark clothes is recommended for after the session. Tight clothing can rub against the tan and remove color on some areas.
The skin should be perfectly exfoliated, bare, dry and clean prior to your spray tan.
- Wait 8 to 12 hours or 1 to 5 hours before showering, depending on the solution. This is the period of time required for the development of spray tanning solutions.
- For the first shower after development, we recommend not using soap.
Rinse the whole body and face thoroughly until the water is clear.
- Avoid activities that cause sweating or any contact with liquid during the development period. If it's raining or snowing outside, you should wear long, concealing clothes.
- If the session takes place in the evening, you should go to bed wearing long, loose clothes to prevent the bronzer from getting on your sheets
- Do not apply cream, makeup or perfume on the skin during the development period.
- If you accidentally touch your skin during development, clean your fingers or inner hands with a wet and soapy cloth while carefully avoiding not wetting the rest of the hand.
- If you accidentally come into contact with liquids during development, you can apply a fine laver of self tanning lotion on this specific area and rub the lotion around the area that came in contact with liquid, then blend in the remaining bronzer with the self tanning lotion. After the first shower, the
result should look even.
- Avoid body washes, lotions, sunscreens with alcohol, parabens, mineral or petroleum oil, or sulfates. Do not apply perfume directly on the areas that have been sprayed. The alcohol present in perfumes can affect the spray tan.
- Use soft facial cleansers. Avoid oily or exfoliating ones as well as brushes.
Beware of strong anti-acne products that dehydrate the skin!
- Do not wax areas where solution has been applied. A delicate shaving may
be done occasionally.
- Moisturize the skin daily with an appropriate lotion. Do not exfoliate the skin for the duration of the result. When the tan will start fading, it's essential to exfoliate the skin again in order to remove the old tan residue.
- Excessive sweating, hot tubs, saunas, long baths and pools can cause a faster fading.